Strategic Planning Provides The Framework
For Your Business
R&A can help your team's strategic planning process better define direction and better ensure related decisions and actions pursue your strategy
Strategic planning provides the framework for strategic intent, objectives, focus, competitive position, decisions, and actions.
Strategic planning is a discovery, digesting, challenging, and building process that typically takes around 2-3 months.
We also discuss plan communication, buy-in, elasticity, and accountability.
A strategic planning process can include:
Leadership meetings and individual conferences
SWOT assessment or situation analysis – sales, profit, and other data, trends, information, and analysis; 80/20 rule; pain or onus for change; plus perceived and actual strengths, challenges, and opportunities
Competitiveness review – customers needs and analysis, competitive analysis or matrix, positioning, and differentiating
- Purpose – why do we exist? What are we good at? What’s our relevancy?
- Vision/future – what do we want our future to look like?
- Core values – intentionally limited to very few, real and meaningful
- Key goals/results – five to ten, and tied to purpose and vision
- Key strategies – focused and limited, tied to purpose and vision; bold, meaningful, targeted, and difference making; plus determining tradeoffs
Leadership and Management Matters
Inside or outside of a strategic planning process, Rice & Associates works with clients to attract, develop, and retain leaders.
Providing The Framework
To win, to be a great company, you need great people, with leaders that are capable, interested, assimilate, simplify, cut through the noise, compete, and get it done. Leaders that have strong emotional intelligence skills, what organizational expert Daniel Goleman describes as self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, and social skill.
Beyond strategic planning, Rice & Associates leadership services include:
- Management organization design – evolutionary
- Compensation design – performance/incentive
- Governance and accountability – e.g., board and senior management responsibilities, key measures /results, key activities, and reporting or decision rights
- Executive recruitment
- Individual leadership development
- Board advisory – working with or as member of board of directors
“Management's job is not to see the company as it is... but as it can become.”John TeetsFormer CEO, Greyhound
“Without a strategy the organization is like a ship without a rudder.”Joel Ross and Michael KamiBusiness Strategists
“The foundation is there. The way is set. The future is ours.”Tom SchabelAlexandria Industries